ICT STANDARDS AND GUIDELINES FOR STAKEHOLDER COMMENTS AND REVIEWS
The National Information Technology Agency (NITA) has published the draft Information Communication Technology Standards, for stakeholder comments. The Agency intends to enforce the application of these Standards in the adoption, deployment, configuration and implementation of Information Communication Technology in government to enhance usage, access and security.
The purpose of the standards is to:
- ensure the provision of quality information communications technology
- promote standards of efficiency
- ensure high quality of service
In addition, these standards will facilitate the following:
- the coherence in the MDAs ICT investments and activities.
- the implementation and monitoring of the national information communications technology policy.
- the systematic implementation of national information communication technology policy.
NITA considers stakeholder involvement in its activities as well as in the sharing of information to be vital for the efficient regulation of the information communication technologies in Ghana. It is in this regard that the Agency provides such opportunities for members of the general public to make their contributions in the development and use of these standards and guidelines in government.
Accordingly, in pursuance of Section 3(2)(e) of the National Information Communication Agency Act, 2008, Act 771, the Agency hereby invites views and comments on the Draft Information Communication Technology Standards, 2020, which can be accessed on the Agency’s website, www.nita.gov.gh.
The public consultation for the draft document begins on 1st July, 2020 and ends on 21st August 2020
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- All responses/comments should be electronically sent as e-mail attachments, in Microsoft word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All respondents are requested to complete a response cover sheet (annexed A). The cover sheet can also be downloaded from the Agency’s website.
In furtherance of transparency, the Agency shall consider all responses as non-confidential therefore all submissions shall be published on the Agency’s website after they have been reviewed